“Satisfy your cultural curiosity with all your senses”
With the experience that Alfonso and Diana Muralles developed after several years working for Not-For-Profit International Organizations and Multinational Corporations in February 1996 they founded FOUR DIRECTIONS.
Forteen years later, FOUR DIRECTIONS has successfully built a a reputation of trust, quality in their services, and an impecable record of having always met their clients expeditions, and in most cases, even surprassing them.
All the Acient Civilizations of the World respected and revered the four Cardinal Points. To the maya each of them i associated with color: North-White; East-Red; West-Black; South-Yellow. These are the same four colors or corn that grows in Meso America, its place of origin. They are also the colors of the skin of human races. FOUR DIRECTIONS Symbolizes Diversity and Unity at the same time; the strength that finds unity when it acknowledges the diverse parts that come together to form it.
Our Logo shows arrows pointing to the four directions.
To become the leader Destination Management Company operating Mesoamerica´s historical, natural and cultural Heritage tours with passion and excellence.
- To sell and operate under the principles of sustainability outstanding quality personalized tour services specialized in archaeology, nature and culture.
- To provide tourists with activities to learn and experience the ancient and living Maya Culture.
- To responsibly and dynamically promote sharing and experiencing with local communities, generating development opportunities, supporting the conservation of their natural resources and the respect for their identity.
- To encourage the preservation of Mesoamerican peoples´ natural, cultural and intangible Heritage.
- Respect: For Nature. For cultural and historical Heritage. For local Communities and their identity. For our staff, costumers and bussiness associates.
- Integrity and Honesty: Our commitment to operate with honesty and transparency.
- Dynamism: Tackling work and challenges, anticipating and adapting to changes, fostering and supporting team work, being proactive and acting with flexibility.
- Responsability: Fulfilling oru commitments on time. Performing our actions in an envirommentally and community friendly way.
- Excellence: We Perform our activities with outstanding quality.
It helps now and then to step back and take the long view. The kingdom is not only beyond our efforts, it is even beyond our vision. We accomplish in our lifetime only a tiny fraction of the magnificent enterprise that is the Lord’s work.
Nothing we do is complete, which is another way of saying the Kingdom always lies beyond us. No statement says all that should be said. No prayer fully expresses our faith. No confession brings perfection; no pastoral visit brings wholeness. No program accomplishes the church’s mission. No set of goals and objectives includes everything.
This is what we are about: We plant seeds that one day will grow. We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise. We lay foundations that will need further development. We provide yeast that produces effects far beyond our capabilities. We cannot do everything and there is a sense of liberation in realizing that.
This enables us to do something and to do it very well.
It may be incomplete, but it is a beginning, a step along the way, an opportunity for the Lord’s Grace to enter and do the rest.
We may never see the end results, but that is the difference between the master builder and the worker.
We are workers, not master builders; ministers, not messiahs. We are prophets of a future that is not our own.
Archbishop Oscar Romero
This post is also available in: Spanish